…RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM CST THIS
EVENING FOR BREEZY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR MUCH OF
NORTHERN, CENTRAL AND WESTERN OKLAHOMA AND WESTERN NORTH TEXAS…
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Red Flag
Warning for breezy winds and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from noon today to 7 PM CST this evening. This replaces
the Fire Weather Watch which is no longer in effect.
* TIMING…Thursday afternoon into early evening.
* WINDS…South 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…As low as 12 to 20 percent.
* TEMPERATURES…Highs in the mid to upper 60s.
* IMPACTS…Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.