* The threat for severe weather moves to the southern 1/3 of the state today. The Fire Danger is also higher in southwestern Oklahoma but still very prevalent here. Today we will be in the low to mid 90s with fairly strong ESE winds. For those of you that are tired of the heat, a major change will occur this weekend and the chances for rain will go up. Cooler weather will move in. Some of you may need sweaters as highs next week may be in the 70s with lows in the 50s.

*The mentioned chances for rain should start Saturday evening and we’ll have that chance through all of next week. The highest chance will be Sunday night thru Monday with a 70% chance then chances fall to around 20-30% for the week at least per guidance right now. We’ll see what happens.

*The FIRE DANGER is still exists so be careful. If you see smoke or fire CALL 9-1-1.

*Overall, we’ll be ok, so here is your forecast from the NWS/NORMAN;

Today- Sunny. Highs in the mid-90s. East winds 10 to 15 mph with higher gusts.

Tonight- Mostly clear. Lows in the mid-60s. East winds 10 to 15 mph with higher gusts.

Finally, here are some preparedness tips on the NWS website for fall & winter. https://www.weather.gov/safety/winter  Take the time to review and remember that some of these things could happen here.