FROM GARFIELD COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
The forecast is still being modified as we speak with all the new data. Even with that, we’re going to have an ice storm. Hopefully everyone has prepared as best they can. I won’t hash over all the do’s and don’ts concerning this event but I do need to make a statement or two.
- In the event we lose power, call OGE 1-800-522-6870 and be patient!! These folks know what to do and an evaluation has to occur then repair folks will get there as soon as possible. They will have many challenges just getting to your area so again, be patient.
- In the event of a major power loss, you may even lose your phone and television capabilities. Again, don’t panic. If you have an “actual” land line, you may not lose phone capability but if it’s VOIP then hopefully the cable folks can keep that system up. Many variables along these lines so just hang in there.
- Everyone has different needs. Make sure that if you have relatives that are special needs people that arrangements have been made to get them where their needs can be taken care of BEFORE the storm arrives. Travel will be extremely difficult and we don’t want to see you stranded somewhere.
- STAY AT HOME. Road conditions can be found here- http://ok.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=0143260acf004177935589ab7e2f42c1
- In the event you decide to go out and test your driving skills and you end up in a ditch, it may take a while for emergency services to get there if you were hurt. We have the same issues on ice as everyone else so help us out and stay at home.
This list could go on and on. TRAVEL IS DISCOURAGED even if you plan to go anywhere that ice may not be a factor. Coming home will be a big factor. There is liability involved so remember that.
Overall, just use good common sense and do your best to make the right decisions. If you have to be out in this, SLOW DOWN. Accidents are going to happen but its best if you aren’t involved in the first place.
Here is your forecast from the NWS/NORMAN;
Thursday-Sunny, with a high near 40. North northeast wind 9 to 13 mph.
Thursday Night-Slight chance of freezing rain after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. North northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
I will do another video if necessary. DOWNLOAD OUR APP and stay up to date with us as the event unfolds. It’s GARFIELD COUNTY EM.